Monday, September 9, 2013

BOOK GROUP RETREAT

Sept 6-7, 2013

My BOOK GROUP went to the FARNE'S CABIN near STRAWBERRY RESERVOIR. Actually it's right next to SOLDIER CREEK. Anyway, it was SO NICE! It was totally chill. I needed the RELAXING weekend since I have been gone having TOO MUCH FUN every weekend! We were supposed to read the CLASSIC, GONE WITH THE WIND over the summer. Only 2 ladies did. So we came up here to watch the movie. We started watching it late and couldn't finish it we were so tired. So the next morning we tried watching the rest of it, and didn't quite make it through so we are going to have to finish some night when we get home. The best part of the trip for me was when we sat at the table eating breakfast and talking about some SPIRITUAL stuff. The next thing you know we are all CRYING and it was a real SPIRITUAL BOOST that I had been desperate to feel. I am so glad I went on this RETREAT and especially grateful to spend it with my AWESOME FRIENDS whom I LOVE TONS!
 My sweet friend, Shelli Hunger standing in the kitchen. I am totally going to take you on a short tour!
                                              The living room. I love this cabin!
                                                         Looking up to the loft
 They have awesome big bathrooms but this one tub was cool I thought!
 I prayed there wouldn't be an earthquake because this is where I slept and I didn't want this big beam to fall off and squish my head!
                                                          The view from the loft
 Just chillin' with MaryJo, Shelli Hunger, Shelley Smedley and Karen Richardson
                                           Shelley S. and Karen made us a nummy dinner!
 This is a funny picture of MaryJo laughing. She is funny! and cute Shelli
                             Shelli, Barbara Farnes (she owns the cabin) and Shelley
                                                            Me and Mary Jo
                                        This is Soldier Creek right outside the front porch
        All of us but Karen (she had to leave early) outside this beautiful cabin. I really want one!
I am thankful for everyone else who has cabins and invite me to visit theirs! I have been to 3 different cabins in 4 weeks and I have loved every single one of them! Covet, covet, covet!

No comments:

Post a Comment