Sunday, December 30, 2018

DAY 9: NAUVOO, ILLINOIS AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS BORN!

September 14, 2018

Well, I woke up stressed out because I did not have any cell service this whole day! What hotel does not have internet? What whole city does not have internet?  What the heck???  I was upset because I knew Mikell was going in to have Skylee early this morning. Now I won't know. It was bothering me all day!

We first went and toured the city, then we went on a session at the NAUVOO TEMPLE. What an amazing experience and opportunity for us...another thing checked off my bucket list!

It was a very hot and humid day but it was so nice to see all the homes and shops of the Early Saints. Nauvoo was an awesome city and community. It breaks my heart that they were driven out of there. Here are a bunch of random things we saw:

 Lucy Mack Smith Home




 Gunsmith

 The Bakery. We got a gingersnap cookie here.
 We decided, instead of walking everywhere in the heat, we would take a carriage ride around the city to see it all. We had to wear our dresses because there wasn't really a place to change into when we went to the temple. Mom just slipped a skirt on but I didn't want to carry my dress around all day either.
 I loved going into the gardens and seeing these awesome church statues of women in all stages of life:
 This is of Joseph and Emma
 Young Woman Learning
 Woman

 Teaching with Love
 In Her Mother's Footsteps
 Joyful Mother
 Mother Teaching
 Older Woman
 Mother and Son
 In the Family Circle

 Woman and her Talents
 Woman in Prayer

 And best statue of all: Jesus Christ.  This was in the Visitors Center



Then it was off to our session in the Temple:
 Just as we were walking to the temple, Joyce got a text saying Skylee had been born! I was so happy that she was able to get a text to go through. I still couldn't get anything! I couldn't even call them. I was so sad about that! Mikell sent Joyce a picture and told us all of the details which I will include in the next post. But what a great memory I have of being at the Nauvoo Temple and finding out my little Grandbaby had just been born! What a wonderful thing!



Jenny took this of us after our session and the sunset was shining on us. What a beautiful day. Inside this temple are a lot of similarities to the Kirtland Temple. Things I hadn't seen before coming on this trip. I thoroughly enjoyed the NAUVOO TEMPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment