Sunday, December 30, 2018

DAY 5: KIRTLAND TEMPLE, AND MORLEY FARM

September 10, 2018

Today we headed to KIRTLAND, OHIO to see the KIRTLAND TEMPLE. It was amazing to take a tour in there and to sit in the same pews as those early Saints. The sacrifices they made for this temple were amazing. Even though the Community of Christ owns this temple now, the tour guides were LDS.


 Oops...this is a fuzzy one!

 After spending a lot of time inside the temple, we drove to a cemetery. I took lots of pics but am only posting Parley P. Pratt's wife, Thankful Pratt for you to see.

 We then had a little fireside and learned a lot of cool stuff.

 Afterwards we hopped on the bus, ate some box lunches. I like taking pics of us on the bus since we spent quite a bit of time in there! We were lucky to get to sit by ourselves a lot of the time.

 We headed over to the Newell K Whitney Store and home. I loved it here!

 This is the Whitney Home. You can tell by the colors of the home that they had money. Also, they had lots of windows and mirrors. I really loved this home. I am amazed that they left this all behind.




 This is what the homes on their block looked like.
 Inside the store was awesome to see.



We saw some many cool things and I took tons of pics but I will just include a few.
 This lumber building was so cool! I loved how resourceful they were.



 When we were done there, we drove to the Morley Home. Their story was an amazing one too. After visiting the home we walked up a ways to have a Testimony Meeting. This was a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment