Sunday, December 30, 2018

DAY 6: FLEW TO KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI TO SEE INDEPENDENCE, AND KANSAS CITY TEMPLE

September 11, 2018

This morning we hopped on an airplane headed for KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI. Here we saw the future temple site for when the Lord comes again. We went into the Visitor Center there as well. I took tons of pics but I am not including them in this post.
It was our turn to do the Devotional on the bus. Each morning a Group was in charge of doing a prayer, song and thought or scripture. So we shocked them all and everyone got a big kick out of us. Since we were heading to the airport to fly to Missouri, We started singing, "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane" Everyone joined in singing with us!  Then we sang a religious song and our friend we met on the tour, and was part of our group, gave an emotional personal story for our devotional. It was really good. The flight was good but what a chore for our leader to keep everyone together and make sure everyone got on the correct flight. I think there were like 80 people to keep track of.

So, to be honest I wasn't crazy for our Tour Guide. He rubbed me the wrong way. I found out later that Debbie, Joyce and Jenny weren't crazy about him either. Only mom liked him a lot. But I really liked his daughter, Heidi. I had to put this pic in because it made me laugh. She was carrying around our Fun For Less Flag so people could find her. We got laughing because of carrying that around saying FUN FOR LESS like she was soliciting. LOL!


We first headed off to see the future site of the INDEPENDENCE TEMPLE. This is where the Lord will come. This funky building belongs to the Restored Church. They hold their conferences here.

 This is a huge piece of land where the temple will be built. I took pics of each cornerstone.






 We then drove to the KANSAS CITY TEMPLE. It was so pretty!

It was pretty dark when we got there so the bottom pic...I did the best I could to lighten it up so you could see us. Lol!



My favorite today was seeing the KANSAS CITY TEMPLE at night, all lit up. It was so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment