Sunday, December 30, 2018

DAY 8: TRAVEL TO NAUVOO, ILLINOIS

September 13, 2018

Today we stopped at a CEMETERY where the WHITMER'S were buried. Then we drove most of the day to NAUVOO, ILLINOIS. I can't wait for tomorrow when we get to do a Temple Session!

We ate dinner at the Nauvoo House. It's pretty much the only place to eat. All of the restaurants and shops close around 3:00 pm. We couldn't believe it! The weather was SO HOT and HUMID. After dinner we checked into our hotel room and I was so upset. We could not get WIFI...not only that...I could not get service enough to make a phone call and I know that Mikell was going to be delivering my Granddaughter tomorrow. I needed an update along the way! I was hoping that when we got out of the hotel and into the city part, I would have service. Fingers Crossed!





 These are some of the views on our way to NAUVOO:

 Cornfields for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.
 Pulling into Nauvoo. The River they had to cross in the winter was huge! I appreciate those early Saints so much!
 And here it is! The Nauvoo Temple! I remember going on a Church History Trip with my Dad when I was 16 years old. My Dad asked the missionary couple if they though the church would ever re-build the temple. They said, "No, not ever!" Ha! Here it is today and it is so beautiful! These pics are all taken from the bus through the window.


 We ate here at the Nauvoo House for dinner buffet.

The best part of this evening was when my Mom and Joyce met their childhood friend. Grandma and Grandpa Hobbs had Jack and Vi Littlefield as friends for ever and ever. Well, this is their daughter! What a small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment