Saturday, October 5, 2019

REUNITED WITH MY BEST FRIEND, SHARLEEN AND TUACAHN 2019

September 27, 2019

This year at TUACHAN was super special for me. Unfortunately, my cousin Jenny, who has been fighting cancer, didn't feel good enough to go with us and so we had an extra ticket. My oldest childhood friend, Sharleen Pippy, took her place. I have not seen her in 30 years! She lives in Mesquite so her husband drove her to meet us at our hotel, and it was SO AWESOME to see her! We had reconnected back in March on my birthday. But this was the first we had seen each other. It was fun too because she knew my family so well. She actually lived with me and my mom for a whole summer back in 1982. It was my favorite summer ever! Our families used to go on vacations together and so it was fun for my sisters to spend the weekend with Sharleen as well.

So, once we got changed and were ready to go we just quickly stopped at Panda Express and headed to TUACAHN. We had never been there so late and there was absolutely no parking! Not even valet parking was available. We parked pretty much at the entrance. We loved it when we left because we didn't have to wait forever to get out so we're thinking we might park there every year!

We only saw one of the three plays this year because we had already seen the other two in past years. This year we saw THE SOUND OF MUSIC. It was much better than I had expected it to be and I was glad we saw it.

Of course we stayed up until about 1:45 am, talking and it was so great. I have missed Sharleen so much. I just love her to pieces!

This is us in 1972: Me, Chris (Shar's little sister) and Sharleen Pippy

Me, Chris and Sharleen

Here we are in 1984:
I know this isn't the best photo but I haven't had time to go through my old photos but this is still fun!

Here we are now in 2019:
It's crazy to see each other now in our early 50's! Wow! Time has flown but we just picked up from where we left off and still have a great connection. I love this girl so much!

OK...back to our little trip to TUACHAN

Of course we stopped at the RED BARN on our way down for our ICE CREAM CONE!


I love that we do this every year and Sharleen asked if she could join us again. She had a fun time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment