Saturday, October 5, 2019

BARRY MANILOW CONCERT IN VEGAS

September 28, 2019

Most people ask me if BARRY MANILOW is still alive when I tell them I am going to his CONCERT! I can tell you that yes, he is indeed, alive and well. And boy can he SING! His voice is still so strong and can he hold a note! Geez! And he is 76 years old!

Oh my goodness! We SANG AND DANCED and had the BEST TIME! He had so many #1 hits and the ENERGY of the audience was palpable. It was a RIOT! We also had fun watching this crazy lady in front of us DANCING like there's no tomorrow. On the way out we told her how much we enjoyed watching her. She told Joyce that she used to be a DANCER in the movie Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze!

We were so excited when towards the end he lowered this walkway from the ceiling and it was right by us. It was so exciting to see him up close!

This CONCERT was one of my favorites ever. Too bad he will only be there for another 2 weeks because honestly, this is REALLY GOOD! I have told many of you that I had fun at the Donny and Marie Show but Barry Manilow is a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER! Hurry! Go see it!

Sharleen (Read a few posts down to see the story about her...my best childhood friend), Joyce, Diane, Me, My Mom and Deb in front.



 He told his story how he came about being a singer and song writer and all about his Grandfather. It was a touching story I don't want to forget so I took pics of the photo's he put up on the big screen.


 I loved it when he would tell us stories and here he is telling how his jingles played more on the radio than some of his songs. He sang, "I am stuck on Bandaids brand cuz Bandaid's stuck on me! and Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!"  He wrote so many more but it was fun to hear him sing these!
 Here he is on one of his first albums in the 1970's!
 This was cool when he played a video of his first song and first time on a TV interview and then he started singing along with it. So cool!
 I'm telling you everyone was up on their feet singing the whole time. It was so much fun!

 This was fun and energetic. His back up singers here were singing COPACABANA  with him!
 This is him walking out on the floor that was lowered from the ceiling. So close to us!


 At the end, confetti was let down from the ceiling and me and Sharleen were covered in it!

This concert was a BLAST! A BLAST FROM THE PAST! Soooo much FUN!
We stayed up til about 2:00am and talked even more. Then we headed home the next day. What a super fun weekend! I love planning these short little trips that are packed with fun MEMORIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment