Sunday, April 22, 2018

A FAREWELL AND AN APOSTLE

April 8, 2018

My sweet boss (retired) Pat, and her husband, Sid are going on a mission to Palmyra, New York! I am so excited that I will be able to see them in September when I go on my trip. I will see them at the Sacred Grove, or the Palmyra Temple and Visitor's Center. Super excited about that!

We went to their FAREWELL and they did an absolutely fantastic job! I knew they would. They are pretty awesome people.

As they were sitting on the stand, in walks an APOSTLE! D. Todd Christofferson was there! I would be so nervous if I was Pat, having to speak in front of him! But they didn't seem phased. They leaned into each other and Sid said we should probably hurry and re-write our talks because we only quote Elder Rasband and not him! Ha! Ha!

I know you're not supposed to take pictures in church but you know me, I couldn't help myself! So I snapped a few pics and conspicuously as I could.  When it was over I just wanted to meet him and shake his hand so bad! Lucky for me, he started walking towards me and I extended my hand and said I couldn't let an opportunity like this pass me by. We spoke for a few seconds and his wife was very sweet! I was so happy!!

Afterwards we went back to Pat's and boy, did they have a spread of great food! I loved the company and we had a very nice time.

I'm so excited for Pat and Sid and I am really excited to be seeing them in action on their MISSION in September!!


I love these great ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment