Sunday, July 19, 2015

GLAMPING...COVERED WAGON STYLE!

July 1, 2015

I made reservations for us to stay at the CANISTOGA RANCH in Garden City so after spending the day at BEAR LAKE, we could sleep in a COVERED WAGON that night and then go to the beach the next day. We got to stay opening night so everything was BRAND NEW! It was awesome! The mattresses, pillows, comforters etc...were so comfortable! We stayed in the family wagon which had 4 sets of bunkbeds so 8 total beds.



We were so dang tired after spending all day at the lake and we were all sunburned and we just all wanted to crash and go to sleep! I kept thinking we really ought to enjoy this more and join the others at the campfire which we all had to share with the other 7 COVERED WAGONS (that's the only part I didn't like about this place). They have a big open tent that has a restaurant, and plays live music on Fridays, and a game room tent, a park and across the street, a rodeo arena for free rodeos on Saturday nights. The GLAMPING TENTS were up further on the hill but those looked AWESOME!

Me, mom, Steve, Ashley, Lytton, Remi and Jose stayed in the COVERED WAGON and Zach and Mikell were wishing they would have. They came and checked it out and had the kids play at the park for a little bit.


 Comparing sunburns...they weren't laughing about it the next day. Zach and Lytt were in serious pain!
                                 I love this pic of Waylon and Zach. Super cute boys!
Boston loves his new buddy Jose! Jose was so cute with Boston and they are FOREVER FRIENDS!

They had individual nice bathrooms with showers so we got to shower before we went to bed and it felt so good after being in the lake all day. When I was going to take my shower I gathered all my stuff including my bra cuz I was just in my swimming suit. When I got out of the shower I couldn't find my bra! So I walked back to the car and there was Steven laughing his guts out! Apparently my bra fell while I was walking and Steve picked it up. Then he put it on his head and said "Weird Science! (from the 80's movie, the boys did that) and then he had to put it on. This was his highlight of the trip. He laughed all night and well into the next week about it!

If you notice, it seems that every time I go on a little trip my bra ends up making it into the photos!!

Poor Ashley had a horrible night sleep because Remi slept sideways and kept kicking himself off the head of the bed. Eventually she made a bed for herself on the floor. I couldn't sleep cuz I had pulled a muscle in my neck while putting a pony tail in, and I could not get comfortable for more than 10 min. So I rubbed Ashley's back and listened to all the sprinklers go on and off and listened to Steven, Mom and Lytton snore and I am sure I did too when I did catch some ZZZ's but it was a long night!

I would definitely go back and stay. I would stay here the first night and then go to the lake the next day so I wasn't too tired to enjoy it. It was a fun experience!

                     This is the restaurant and where they have the live bands on Friday night
                                There are 8 covered wagons in a circle that share a firepit
 I had to get pic of Mom with her curlers in her hair. How does she sleep like this every night?
 Steven just chillin' He liked this place. At first he kept saying Punky, why do you have to do stuff like this? I said don't you like it? Don't you like trying something new? He said, well, yes it's alright. Then he kept saying you're not a pioneer Punky! You're not a pioneer!
 Grandma Shirley helping Remi down from the wagon...it didn't have rails!
                                                           Grandma Shirley
                                                      Steven and his buddy Remington
                  Remington like it here and he loved chasing Grandma Shirley around!
 Poor Lytton couldn't even walk this morning! His legs hurt so bad from his sunburn! Run!  Grandma Run!
                                  The Not-so-much a Pioneer Family! According to Steven!!

We were too sore and tired to go to the beach the 2nd day as we had planned. Instead, Steven wanted to take the drive around to the Idaho side so he could get his pic taken with the Bear Lake County sign and the Idaho sign. He loves the COUNTY SIGNS!
 This pic is of Steven as we drove into Rich County on our way to Bear Lake


 He loved pointing to the Idaho sign but would not look at the camera!

 Again not looking at the camera he points to Bear Lake County. Now this made his trip!
                                     It just feels so good driving back to the UTAH side!






No comments:

Post a Comment