Sunday, August 31, 2014

GRANDMA IS 100 YEARS OLD!!

Aug. 2, 2014

My Grandma, Aurina Johnina Cozza Hobbs turned 100 YEARS OLD on Aug. 5, 2014. We CELEBRATED her big day on Aug. 2, 2014. Joyce, Jenny and Jared flew in, Stef and John and their family was there, Erin and Tyler and their family was there and of course all of the relatives that live in Utah were there too. Joyce and I planned her PARTY and it turned out really nice. I stressed way too much over the decorations because they just weren't what I had in mind, but they ended up being just fine. I made a TIMELINE from 1914 to 2014. Grandma sure has witnessed a lot in her 100 years from World Wars, the Great Depression to all of the awesome inventions that have taken place since her birth. It's truly incredible. She was a great sport all day and she got a kick out of her Golfing friends that showed up for her party too. Joyce ordered her cake, make copies of all of the pics of her and we put them on the tables. Everyone was able to take the ones they wanted as a favor. We also had a bag of M&M's with her pic on them in little bags as a favor as well. Joyce read Grandma's LIFE SKETCH and had everyone in the room crying. Jessica lined up a caterer and Erin found us a meeting room in the Best Western Cotton Tree Inn. Jessica also had her friend, who is a photographer, come and take pics of everyone with Grandma. We all wrote a favorite MEMORY of Grandma and Joyce is going to put their pic with the memory in a book for Grandma.

I am just thrilled that Grandma made it to 100 YEARS OLD. It has been so much fun having her around for so long. I am so lucky to have all of the wonderful memories of Grandma in my life. I am so grateful that my Grandchildren know their Great, Great Grandma and that I have a lot of pics and videos of them with her. Isn't that so cool?  There isn't anything I love more than my FAMILY and I was so happy that we were all together CELEBRATING this beautiful lady! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!

  My family with Big Grandma: Lytton, Ashley, Remington, My Mom, Me, Boston, Zach, Mikell, and Waylon and Big Grandma
                                               Joyce reading Grandma's life sketch
Zach and his family with Big Grandma
 Jessica's 5 Generation Pic with Big Grandma: Jessica, Beau, Grandma Shirley, Debbie and Reece
 Erin's 5 Generation with Big Grandma: Erin, Channing, Jackson, Grandma Shirley, Debbie, Rylee, and Big Grandma
Rylee and Big Grandma holding on to 50 balloons!
 Some of the decor
                                      Boston showing us Grandma's pic on the M&M's
 
Table Decor
I took a lot more pics but decided not to post all of them. I didn't take as many as you'd think, knowing me, but I figure we could all get copies of the good ones the photographer took :)

No comments:

Post a Comment