Sunday, February 9, 2014

SLC 2002 WINTER OLYMPICS

Feb 9, 2014

I forgot to add a few of my pics from the 2002 Olympics. I will post more during these Olympics if I can find them in the boxes and boxes of pics I have in the closet. These few were off of one of Ashley's scrapbooks that was easily accessible in that closet! Brings back some great memories of the OLYMPIC SPIRIT we all had when the 2002 WINTER GAMES were held here in SLC. I hope one day they will bring them back here. We still use and maintain all of the venues and it seems like a big waste of money to not use them again for the OLYMPICS. What do you think? If it ever happened again I would pay money to see the FIGURE SKATING. I just love it! Of course all of the outside venues are so awesome like the DOWNHILL SKIING  and the SNOWBOARDING events but I'd rather see those from the warmth of my own living room. But I miss the feeling that was in SLC when the OLYMPICS were here. The volunteerism in Utah is huge, and it seemed like I knew so many people who were really involved. I just loved it! LET'S BRING BACK THE GAMES SLC!!



 While we were waiting in line, to get searched to go into the Olympic hoopla, we got to hold Debbie Flemings torch. This was a highlight!
 We went back several times but here we are at the Gateway. Ashley, me and my mom.
Here we are: Big Grandma, my cousin Jeff Romig, from Chicago, Ashley, me, mom, Aunt Joyce and Jenny from Phoenix.  I have them to thank for getting me my Roots Beret!

These next photos are from our scrapbook page that made a 2 page spread when you put them together. I hate now how I cut the little pics into globes cuz that's what they were standing in. I do have the original pics still in those boxes somewhere in that closet!!

(Ashley had to take them to school so notice her 5th grade handwriting in one of the boxes)
                                  In the globes are me and Ashley, Aunt Joyce, and Mom.
                              My cousin Jenny and Big Grandma in the globe in this pic.
 Here is Ashley's cute little 5th grade handwriting for her class assignment on the Olympics.
Remember how they had a ton of fun activities like this pic above? This is me and Ash pushing the bobsled and trying to get the fastest time.

Hopefully I can find my other pics and post them sometime within the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment