Saturday, February 8, 2014

MOM HAS D.R.E.S.S SYNDROME

Feb 1, 2014

My mom hadn't been feeling too well the past few days. She has felt really WEAK AND TIRED. She told me her BLOOD PRESSURE has been really LOW and I told her she needed to go in and not wait until Monday to see her doctor. She called me later that night saying she had a RASH all over her body and she was extremely WEAK and she felt she needed to go to the HOSPITAL. So I drove down to take her to the HOSPITAL. Zach and Mikell went down to stay with BIG GRANDMA and Zach gave her a PRIESTHOOD BLESSING. My MOM was so funny. She got dressed up nice to go to the HOSPITAL and she was cracking JOKES the whole time! Once we got there and were walking in she said, Suzanne, you are not going to believe this but I am feeling better! Really?? She was just like my kids when they were little and I was taking them to the doctor after being up sick all night and as soon as we get to the doctor's they felt fine! Geesh! I told her to fake it then because she has been feeling funny for 2 days! We got in there and she was so friendly with everyone, they totally fell inlove with her! She had to make conversation with everyone and she thought she was so FUNNY! For example, the nurse said I need to take your weight....she said oh take all of it! Just stuff like that all night. Well, her WEAKNESS came back and her RASH was spreading. They took TONS of bottle of BLOOD! Seriously, I have never seen so much BLOOD taken in all the years I worked at the hospital. But they were checking for everything. Her BLOOD PRESSURE was extremely low and when they gave her an IV it started to raise a little bit. After a few hours, Ashley and Lytton relieved Zach and Mikell with watching Big Grandma. Then the DOCTOR came in and said we think you have DRESS SYNDROME. What? We found out it is a very RARE reaction to DRUGS. They said it could be very SERIOUS but they think they found it early and she should be fine. She did have ENLARGED LIVER and she had lost some function of the KIDNEY but that it should repair itself. We were super shocked at that news and shocked when they told her she would have to spend the night in the HOSPITAL. By this time it was like 11:00 pm I think, so I called Diane and asked if she would spend the night at Mom's to take care of Grandma. She said yes, I will leave now. So she went down there and Mom kept saying I don't think it is necessary to stay the night in the hospital! But they wanted to keep her there while they were looking at all the DRUGS she was taking to see which one was causing this SYNDROME. They finally narrowed it down to her BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE. They let her come home the next day just in time for the SUPERBOWL!  She was WEAK for a few days but happily she is doing much better now!

She was so funny in the hospital. I said let me take your pic and boy did she ham it up! We were laughing so hard! Here are a few of the ones I liked best:


 She was laughing so hard at herself here. She kept saying we're having fun aren't we?
                                         This one was my favorite! She is so dang funny!
She just kept saying, I can't believe I am in a hospital. I haven't been in the hospital since 1967 when you were born!  I love her so much! I am so happy that she is ok now. I love my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment