Saturday, February 8, 2014

OLYMPIC GAMES BEGIN

Feb 7, 2014

I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!!  I look so forward to watching every SPORTING event in the OLYMPICS. Don't you just love it when the WORLD can come together in these GAMES? I love it, I really do! And don't you feel so much PRIDE for the USA whenever one of "OURS" is up to perform and especially when they take a MEDAL? I know I will miss out on a lot of sleep for the next few weeks because I hate missing any of it! Every year we have an OLYMPIC PARTY where we bring foods from different COUNTRIES and I make up our own SPECIAL OLYMPIC GAMES (You might think we are "special" after you see us perform ha! ha!) that we can play when the Opening Ceremonies get to be too long. It's my chance to wear my ROOTS BERET from the 2002 SLC WINTER GAMES! I really thought this years OPENING CEREMONY was one of the best. I thought Russia did a great job! We really had a fun night even though a lot of family wasn't there.

 For the first game. We played in teams. They had to fly to Sochi for the games so they had to dress up warm cuz it's cold there. They had to run to the suitcase and dress up in ear muffs, hat, gloves, scarf, coat and boots. Run to their partner, take it all off and the partner puts it on and runs to take it off and back into the suitcase. Those with the best time, WINS GOLD! I took so many pics and video that I couldn't put everyone in every event on there sorry!
                                                                        Mikell
                                                                      Zach
                                                                 Jessica and Brody
                                                                            Me
2nd Game: The Bobsled. You have to wear the helmet and get in the sled and get pulled all the length of the family room and back with the best time!
                                                                        Boston
                                                                            Zach
 
                                      Zach gets a very pregnant Mikell ready to get pulled

                                     Jessica and Reece take a turn with Brody pulling them
                                          Zach getting ready to pull me. We went fast!
 3rd Game: The Biathalon. We were barefeet on 2 paper plates as we skied to get our bow and arrow. We had to shoot 3 different targets before skiing back over to get our marshallow shooter and we had to shoot a marshmallow in the bucket. This was so funny! I got some awesome videos on everyone.
                      Brody finishing the last part with shooting the marshmallows in the bucket
                                           Zach takes great aim and tries to hit his targets.
                  Mona was amazing at the bow and arrow and the marshmallow shooting.

                                                   Mikell takes her turn at the bow
                                                     Jessica rocked at this game!

                       I wasn't so bad either. Seriously much better than I had anticipated.
 In fact, I thought I had won the whole thing. I was hoopin' and hollerin' until I found out Jessica had won me by 5 or 6 seconds! Hey, SILVER isn't that bad!

Last game, we had to make THE OLYMPIC RINGS around the Olympic tubes
                                    I killed it! I easily won the GOLD in this game!~
                                                  Zach takes aim but doesn't do too hot



 I made lots of GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE medals. We all did a great job!

Then we celebrated all of the February birthdays with GERMAN chocolate cake and FRENCH vanilla ice cream. See how we do it using all of the COUNTRIES? I love it! 

 Right before everyone left, the little ones made Olympic torches out of ice cream cones and cheetos
                 Reece showing us her Olympic torch. These kids had fun tonight!

 We love wearing our OLYMPIC HATS. Mona is wearing Bejing 2008 and me and mom are wearing 2002 BERETS
 GO USA!  GO USA!  GO USA! GO USA! GO USA!  GO USA! GO USA! GO USA!  GO USA!


No comments:

Post a Comment