Tuesday, July 19, 2011

THE NOT SO EXCITING KAYSVILLE PARADE THIS YEAR

Every year I host the big 4TH OF JULY celebration at my house. It takes a several days to prepare for the BIG EVENT.  I start putting all of the water games together, I wait out for hours trying to get the PERFECT SPOT for the KAYSVILLE PARADE. I put down several SHEETS, tie ROPE around the spot, and run rope through CHAIRS on the sidewalk for the kids. Then I put out several BRICKS to secure the sheets. It is quite the process! But I had help from Jessica and Brody this year. We're not supposed to put our stuff out until the 3rd of July but NO ONE obeys the rules. So I sat in my car at 9:00 pm and watched as others started putting their stuff out so we decided to put ours out at 10:00 and then we sat there till MIDNIGHT so the police wouldn't pack up our stuff like the signs said it would.  All of this for a very DISAPPOINTING parade this year. It was BORING!  Too much time between acts and it felt like we were watching very boring advertisements! But then we went to my house and ate, and played games. We had a great time and the kids enjoyed a fish pond and getting some fun toys. I was so mad that we forgot to take our annual FAMILY PICTURE of all of us DRENCHED from the WATER FIGHT and we forgot to do the WATERMELON SEED SPITTIN' CONTEST!  My favorite part of the 4th is having Stef and John and their kids here and Erin and her kids. We missed Tyler, Andy, Mona, Zach and Mikell, Scott and his family this year!Here are some pics of the parade:

                                                              Erin and Rylee...such a doll!
                                                  My 96 year old Grandma and my mom 
                                                 The Christensen Family (and Big Grandma!)
                                               Erin and her darling kids Jackson and Rylee
                                                               Hadley and John
                                                 Everyone sportin' their Old Navy flag t-shirt    
                                                      Diane holding the beautiful Hadley!
                                   My nieces: Jessica, Stefanie and Erin (and her little bun in the oven)
 
                                                          Grandma, Mom, Dad and Diane
                                                                    Dane and Rylee
                                                         Debbie and her friend Paul
                                                            McCord, Dane and Rylee
                                                                            McCord

No comments:

Post a Comment