Monday, April 15, 2019

ZACH'S GOT KIDNEY STONES...AGAIN!

April 10, 2019

Mikell walked into my room at 10:30 pm asking if I would either stay home with the kids and try to get Briggs to bed or take Zach to the hospital. He was in so much pain and he had felt this kind of pain before. It was definitely the pain that comes from KIDNEY STONES! Ouch! Those hurt SO BAD! So I took Zach to the new Intermountain Hospital in Layton. It was so nice. He got great care there and that will be our #1 choice of Hospital from now on. I love that it is so close to us!

We had to wait forever for the Ultra Sound Tech to come in. She was on-call and it took way too long for her to get there! Zach was funny while on MORPHINE. He was a chatty Kathy! I would have been zonked out but he kept talking the whole night! LOL!  Well they confirmed what we knew...he had a KIDNEY STONE!  After hours of being there, we left to go get his prescriptions filled...which really bugs me that a hospital doesn't have a 24 hour pharmacy. That just gets me!  Anyway, we drove to Bountiful Walgreens that said their pharmacy was open 24 hours. We got there and they closed at midnight.  Then, we drove where the Dr. told us to go, Smith's in Ogden. We drove there and again the sign said Pharmacy closed at midnight. We were so upset! Zach was in pain and I was so exhausted and my eyes were burning! Luckily, Zach noticed the CVS Pharmacy across the street and thankfully they were open. It took almost a half hour for them to fill the PRESCRIPTIONS! We got home early in the morning. What a night!

I stayed home from work because I was exhausted but didn't get more than a couple of hours of sleep and poor Zach had to go to a UROLOGIST AT 9:00 am.  They did a CT SCAN and saw that he was close to passing the STONE into the BLADDER. Then it should not hurt anymore. If he hasn't passed it by Tuesday they will have to do SURGERY. He was bound and determined to pass that STONE!

He was in horrible pain all day and then thankfully the next day he PASSED THE STONE! Unfortunately, the CT showed that he has another STONE that hasn't even begun to move so it's pretty likely he will be going through all this again! Poor guy!  There is only one other time I have felt pain like this and that is going through labor! Brutal! 

So happy Zach let me post just one picture of him to document this event!
Poor Zach! It's so hard to see your Son in pain especially when I have felt this pain before. I know how he feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment