Monday, April 15, 2019

PASSOVER SEDER DINNER

April 9, 2019

For our Relief Society Activity this month they had a lady come that put on a PASSOVER MEAL for us. She made us booklets that included everything they say and we were able to participate. It was so awesome! I learned so much! The symbolism in that just points straight at Jesus Christ. Those people had him right there and just didn't get it!  So we went through all of the steps, ate the food they did and it was a very awesome experience. I loved it! I want to do a PASSOVER MEAL for my family!

I am so excited for EASTER this year and I am just so excited to focus on the SAVIOR and HIS RESURRECTION! I am so grateful for his SACRIFICE for me. I hope that I can teach my little ones much more about that this year.

 This is the table set for Elijah. I learned that during the dinner they open the door for Elijah to enter. Then I learned that on the day that they do this was the exact day that Elijah appeared to Joseph Smith in the Kirtland Temple. That gave me goosebumps!
 Our table settings with real Matzah from Israel, grapejuice, boiled egg and in the bowls are a horseradish and the other is a salt water and then the gross looking brown stuff is actually really nummy. It is called Haroset and it is made up of apples, pecans, honey, grapejuice and cinnamon.
 This is real matzah (unleavened bread)from Israel
We dipped this parsley in the salt water and blessed the bitter herbs

We washed our hands at the beginning and then during it, we washed our neighbors hands. I was sitting next to someone who started sobbing as she washed our hands. Of course she was thinking of the Savior washing the apostles feet. The whole process was just so touching, amazing and thought provoking for me. I loved the symbolism throughout the whole dinner. The Savior was the Sacrificial Lamb. He shed his tears for us and our sins and he drank the bitter cup. I am so thankful for HIM!

I am just having all of these awesome tender feelings toward the Savior lately as I study his life in the Come Follow Me curriculum we use for church, and with the Don't Miss This blog I follow that helps me understand it better, Time Out for Women and General Conference and now this Passover Meal. I am just learning more about JESUS CHRIST and I am just so thankful for all he did for ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment