Wednesday, December 28, 2016

TRIMMING THE NEW FUNKY TREE!

November 2016

My Christmas lights on my pre-lit TREE stopped working so I bought a new tree. Not just ANY kind of tree, but I decided to go with the new "SKINNY TREE" because truth be known, I get tired of decorating the tree and I figure with this little one, it won't take long at all. I decided on a skinny TREE with the flocked look. I'm tellin' ya I was going way out there for different than what I have always had. I was so excited to try something totally different!!

I let Boston go with me to Hobby Lobby and he chose the ornaments. I knew I wanted kind of a playful tree instead of a traditional Christmas tree. So I was happy when he chose pink and blue and some funky snowmen. I even let him help me decorate which is kind of hard for me but I think he did a great job!

This is a funky tree but I kind of like it!
 Boston was so happy when we saw a snowman with a Cardinal on it. The Cardinals are his favorite Football team you know!

                                                                Close up shot!
                                           I got a white fur tree skirt. How's that for funky?!
                                   We tried several toppers and this funky star won out!
                                     Ta-da! here's our funky Christmas tree!


 Then Boston got super excited to pull out our little village. He loved lining everything up.
And then we hung the stockings. Most of them anyway. Boston and Waylon's aren't up there. They love playing with theirs because they play music and we got to listen to it over and over again ha! ha!  I look at these stockings and remember that for years and years there were only 3. Now look! There are 10 stockings and next year there will be 11. Isn't that great?! I'm so happy that there are so many stockings hanging from my mantle!

Then we got out all of my CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS and it was a super fun day! I love that Boston and Waylon were there to help me and get just as excited as me as we opened each bin!


No comments:

Post a Comment