Sunday, December 13, 2015

ADVENT CALENDARS

December 2015

I love ADVENT CALENDARS! My favorite one growing up was made by my Aunt Joyce. My kids loved that calendar too until it burned in our house fire in 1997. I haven't found one like it after looking on the internet and every Christmas store imaginable. This year I found one almost like it but not quite as cute. I just had to get one for each of my kids, hoping they would be super excited! I even had their family names put on it. I hope it brings back lots of fun childhood memories for them!
This one is for The Wright's and of course Ashley's says The Bastian's.

Before I found these ADVENT CALENDARS, I made each family one that could be filled with fun things they could do with me during the holiday season like make fudge, cut out cookies, read Christmas books, watch Christmas movies, etc...I have had the best time doing fun things with the kids. I love that they are learning and loving all of the fun CHRISTMAS CAROLS that I LOVE! I love spending time with the Grandkids instilling in them the fun CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS I used to do with my kids! I JUST LOVE IT!!
I made cute strips of paper telling them what fun activity we would be doing together, and some had things like open a new CHRISTMAS BOOK, MOVIE OR CD. Of course all of the pockets have candy in them too.
This ADVENT CALENDAR is one I bought for both families last year. It's a Christ Centered Calendar. Boston loves putting this Nativity calendar up.
This ADVENT CALENDAR is one that Boston keeps on our fridge. They add a new cotton ball each day to make sure Santa has a full beard by Christmas Eve.
 Boston made this ADVENT CALENDAR in Preschool. Each day he gets to put a sticker on it counting down the days til Christmas!
And doesn't this ADVENT CALENDAR just bring back the best childhood memories? Who didn't love trying to find the number hidden throughout the picture, opening it to find a piece of CHOCOLATE! Of course each kids needs his own. 

Sure, we have lots of ADVENT CALENDARS but it is so EXCITING to open them up each day! I just love it! The kids are having a ball opening something each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment