Sunday, August 19, 2012

YELLOWSTONE!!

August 3-7, 2012
The Beckstead's invited me, Ashley and Lytton to go to YELLOWSTONE with them. We had a BLAST! I have never HIKED so much in my life! It was so neat to go with people that know that place so well. We were able to see just about everything there was to see and do in YELLOWSTONE. I was shocked to see how BIG Yellowstone was and how BEAUTIFUL. We had such a fun time with the BECKSTEADS and were so happy that they invited us. We also went to JACKSON HOLE and yes...we saw a BEAR, AN ELK, AND TONS OF BUFFALO! While we were at the GRAND TETONS we HIKED around JENNY'S LAKE and to the top to see this amazing WATERFALL but it was almost the DEATH OF ME! It was a killer hike towards the end but...I MADE IT! Then we took the FERRY back. Thank goodness! It was such a fun week that it was hard to come home. Thanks to the BECKSTEAD'S for the really great time!

Now I took HUNDREDS of pics and I know you want to see them all :)  but I am going to do my best to limit them, but it's SO HARD for me!!  I have stories about each thing we saw but I will just have to tell you all about them if you're interested, at another time :)  Enjoy!!

 Setting up the tent...not really just posing with the pole while the guys set it up!
                                 Boston checking out my air mattress! The only way to go!
 Isn't this beautiful? This is the first thing we saw...the UPPER BRINK
 Here is the next pic of that flowing river...oh my gosh! it was amazing being at the top of this waterfall! It was roaring!!  I have it all on video...oh my heck! I love Yellowstone!!
                                                 Boston, Zach, Kell, Nick and Sam
                                                        Lytton and Ashley loving the falls!
               This is the same waterfall as above but now we are at the LOWER FALLS!
 We stopped for a picnic and Lytton saw a buffalo start to cross the river and come right towards us!
                                                                  Here he comes!
 He came right up to where we were sitting so we just moved right out of the way! It was so cool. I have it on video swimming up and shaking off all of the water...so cool!
Boston LOVES his PAPA! If Papa is around no one else can hold him. He only wants Papa!

                       We saw mud pockets and springs all over the place! It was so cool!

                                        Look at the FLY FISHERMEN...AND WOMEN!
                                           Melanie is up the river and this is Neal fly fishing
                               Neal was so excited that Melanie caught this huge fish!! He brought it up to us to show us and then let it go.
                                    Yay! Melanie was stoked! She caught that awesome fish!
Ash telling Lytt goodbye. He was going to stay and fly fish for the first time and we were going with Zach and Kell to see Yellowstone Lake
Rocking in the chairs out front the Lodge at Yellowstone Lake
 Standing outside of Yellowstone Lake that is massive! I had never even heard of it and I was in awe!
 Boston was done eating so he kept picking up dirt and putting it all over his tray, and then himself. So funny!
Boston is such a toughie! He would carry the horseshoes around like they are nothing!



Old Faithful! I was surprised that it sat out in a middle of a field. I thought it would be up near the mountains!
After swimming at Fire Hole. I cannot wait to get my water camera developed to see all the cool pics we took of us jumping in the rapids! I was so proud of myself for daring to do it!!
We took a long drive to Tower Waterfall. There are so many beautiful waterfalls in this forest!!


Melanie and Neal Beckstead



No comments:

Post a Comment