Sunday, August 19, 2012

THE GRAND TETONS!

August 5, 2012

We drove to the GRAND TETONS and Wow! It was such a BEAUTIFUL drive! We got out and took pics of them behind us. Then we took an AWESOME HIKE around JENNY'S LAKE, which wasn't bad at all until we decided to HIKE up to the top of the WATERFALL!  I didn't think I could make it but I DID! And my kids were SO PROUD OF ME! I am glad I did it but I will NEVER do it again! I was happy that Sam wanted to take the FERRY back instead of HIKE down. Ash and Lytt wanted to go on a boat ride so they came with us and we met everyone back an hour later.  Then we headed to JACKSON HOLE!  Can I just tell you I was highly disappointed I hadn't lost 10 to 20 pounds after this hike. I never sweat so much in my life! No...I gained 5 lbs...probably of pure muscle! :)
                            I was SO HAPPY to be here with my family. I LOVED this trip!!
The Lovebirds...Lytton and Ashley

My family! Love them so much!

                                                                         Zach and Kell
                                          Lytt, Me and Ashley...This was such a beautiful place!
                                             Zach, Mikell and Boston...cutest little family!
We were following Zach driving Neal's truck. But look at those TETONS! Gorgeous!

JENNY'S LAKE:
 Isn't that so pretty? I love Heavenly Father's creations! Seriously, I have just been in awe this whole trip! Everywhere you look it's just gorgeous!
Boston is in heaven when his Daddy is carrying him in the backpack. He LOVES it!

It doesn't take long and Boston was out like a light! Cute Baby!

                                       Me and Ash enjoying our hike and the beautiful scenery!
 This is a view of our hike. The trail was nice and easy but really long. But I loved it!
                                                     Stopping to pose for a pic for me!                   
Still hiking!
                                          Lytton and Ashley lovin' this hike and each other!
                                       The ROCK THROWING CONTEST! Nick winds up...
                                                 Wow! And he lets it go...and it goes far!
                          Lytton throws it and it looks like it was a complete tie!
Ashley had a pretty good throw too!

Mikell gives it her best shot. She threw it harder and further than me..Mine barely hit the water!

Lovin' the great outdoors! Like Father, like Son!

                                                Feast your eyes on these pics of the waterfall!




This little family loves to hike together. It's so awesome Zach found someone who loves it as much as he does, and now Bubsy does too! 
The Ferry Ride back to the other side of the lake...I was so happy to not have to hike back down! I wished I would have taken pics of the hike to the top to the waterfall. But I had to conserve my energy! I thought I would have a heart attack! It was SO STEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment