Saturday, January 1, 2011

What a Great Year 2010 Was!

It's hard to believe that 2010 is coming to an end. As I reflect on the past year I feel truly blessed! I have had a wonderful year jam-packed full of fun! I will recap the year this far for it has been a full of firsts for me:



1. I became a mother-in-law to the best daughter-in-law EVER! Mikell has been such a sweetheart to me! I love her to pieces and I am so glad she is part of my family.















2. I went on my first cruise! I cruised with my mom, sisters, aunt, cousins, and friend, to the Eastern Carribbean where I also tried lots of firsts including eating lobster and zip-lining in a rainforest, etc.. I will post more pics at the end of the blog.



3. I had a hysterectomy...my first and last :)



4. I said the prayer in Sacrament Meeting without memorizing it first...only because I spaced out that I was supposed to give the prayer until I saw my name on the program! This is very frightening to me, I thought I would die! All of my friends in the audience gave me the thumbs up as I walked back to my seat!



5. I went to Tuacahn to see the Best play yet! We saw Tarzan one night and Cats the second night. I loved Tarzan and didn't care for Cats but it fulfilled something for me cuz I have always wanted to see it and now I can say that I have :)



6. I went on the most AMAZING trip with my mom to New York! This was the best trip ever! I LOVE spending time with my mom and to spend a whole week with her on a fun and exciting trip was the BEST! I can now cross this off my Bucket List! We also had a blast spending time with Erin and her family. I was totally spoiled on this trip! I  posted alot of the pics of all the fun we had. They are located at the end of the blog. Please take a look at them...just keep scrolling :) I also bonded and fell in love with Jackson! I miss him just thinking about him :)




7. I went to Lake Mead with my kids and Bill (my Ex and his wife and kids) and had a SUPER DUPER time boating!




8. I flew to Phoenix to throw a surprise party for my FAVORITE Aunt, Joyce! The look on her face was priceless! What a fun time we had with my mom, sisters, and many cousins we haven't spent time with before. We went to Sodona while we were there also.




9. I went to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving and it was my first time making the whole Thanksgiving Dinner. Bill fried the turkey and made the best fruit salad. I did everything else. It was exhausting but it turned out good. We had a great time together!





10. I have always wanted a pie thrown in my face and Bill made that wish come true...now I don't need to repeat that. Once was plenty and I can cross that off my Bucket List :) Pics will follow later!



11. I have found a new hobby, or more like OBSESSION with COOKING and BAKING and I have spent way too much time browsing the internet for awesome recipes and fun treats to make. I will post some pics of the creations I have made.





12. I had a successful year at work with both Elections turning out absolutely wonderful and having plenty of poll workers, whis is always a MAJOR stress factor to me!



13. I found out that I am going to be a GRANDMA next year!! I cannot believe it! Zach and Mikell are due to have a baby August 6, 2011.



14. I had the BEST Christmas EVER! Had such a great time with Ashley, Zach and Mikell. I also did the dinner for the ADULT Christmas Dinner this year and it was DELICIOUS!!





15. I have increased my testimony this year as I have re-read the Book of Mormon, attended Institute, and have served as Relief Society Secretary. I have increased my love for my Savior, my family and friends and have a great peace in knowing that I am doing my best to live the best life I can.



This year has been full. I am truly blessed to have been able to travel as much as I have, more than I ever have in my life and I will keep those wonderful memories and experiences I've had close to my heart. The best part is not where I have gone, but who I have been with. I love my family so much and I pray that this next year will be just as rewarding!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Pictures! Glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love your new blog!! Thanks for doing this, it makes me feel apart of the fun even though I'm so far away. I was disappointed to hear there were no Olympics at Tuacahn - I was looking forward to pictures! :)
    Oh, and I was reminded of your broken tail bone and gall/kidney(?) stones while on vacation! At least you're not boring! ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete