Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book Club

I love my book group! I have been a member for a little over a year (they have been together and have not missed a month since 2001)and I have read some really good books and have had such a great time getting to meet new friends and closer to some older friends as well. Well, this month it was my time to choose a book and host the party at my house. I picked a book that was so cute! It was made me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD and it made me CRY, and it was a little SCARY. It was set in the 1870's so when I made treats to serve I decided to serve them in a bandana (it totally had to do with the book), a tall bottle of rootbeer old fashioned oatmeal cookes, hard stick candies, and old fashioned caramel. I tied them all together with twine. Because of a name that a little girl calls her polygamist 2nd mom, I made pumpkin cookies to go with it. Really they were called "Pumpkin Ass Cookies" :)  You ALL have to read this book and let me know what you think. It's called DARK ANGEL by ROBERT KIRBY. HILARIOUS!! Here is a look at some of my treats. Don't be offended by my PUMPKIN ASS COOKIES!!



1 comment: