Tuesday, May 11, 2021

LIP BIOPSY

 July 21, 2020

I was so nervous getting my LIP BIOPSY. I was praying so hard it wouldn't be CANCER! After a weekend at Bear Lake 5 years ago I got sunburned and a few days later I woke up with a mole on my lip. Lip Cancer is very common and I remember seeing patients with lip cancer when I worked in Radiation Therapy. To say I was petrified is an understatement.

I bravely walked into the DERMATOLOGIST and she took a BIOPSY. She was worried as well. 

Imagine my relief when I got a call telling me the labs had sent my results and they were NEGATIVE!

Oh I was so relieved! So my lip was tender for a few weeks but now my MOLE and my WORRIES are gone!

Here's a pic of my mole on my lip before the biopsy:

Here's after the biopsy:




It stayed big and puffy for several hours and then it turned into a very tender sore.


No comments:

Post a Comment