Monday, February 20, 2017

MOAB!

February 2-3

Ashley called me late on Wednesday night and asked if I'd like to go to MOAB tomorrow to spend the weekend with Tanner and Anna and help her with the kiddo's.  So, I did! I worked half a day on Thursday and then we drove there...it took us a few hours longer that it normally does. Sadie was NOT a very good traveler. She did not like it. She did not want to go to Moab! She cried for 2 1/2 hours straight. We kept stopping to see if we could settle her down...Nope! She wasn't having it. The ride down was brutal for me. Anna gets car sick so she had to sit in the front. All  3 kids were in the second row and me and all the luggage was in the 3rd row. I was scrunched and did you know I was claustrophobic? I am! I had to keep talking myself out of a panic attack but I'm tellin' ya, there was no way I could get out unless Ashley took Sadie out and removed the whole carseat and folded the seat down. So yeah, I struggled a bit!

Once we got there we were all SO HAPPY! We LOVED our hotel. We rented a suite and all of us including Tanner and her baby fit in and tons of room. It was fabulous! It's called Homewood Suites and it was great. Plus it had a kitchenette, and a heated pool.

When we woke up on Friday we ate breakfast then went SWIMMING while we were waiting for Tanner and Weston to get there. The kiddo's loved it! Then we drove through Moab and saw some stuff that was really cool! We couldn't wait till the next day to do some HIKING up to those awesome sites when there was more daylight and warmer temps! That night we celebrated Tanner's birthday with cake....IT WAS A SURPRISE! All the babies and kids did great and were so cute with each other. It really couldn't have gone any better.
                                         Sadie in her swimsuit. She didn't know what to think!

                                                         Anna with Sadie Bug!
                          Me and Paisley had a blast...don't mind my huge mole there...yikes!
                                                            Ashley and her cute kiddo's
                                                  Me and my sweetie's

                                                              Besties with their babies!
 We loved how spacious this room was. You can't even see the kitchen and bathroom area.
                                                                              Pretty Anna!
 Tanner and little Weston. He is such an awesome little guy. He is calm and happy as can be!

                                               They have been best friends since first grade!
 Ashley is so strong. She carried both babies an occasionally Remi would hold her hand!
                                                                    Balanced Rock

                                                          4 babies and 3 best friends!
 Remi loved it when he could run around and hike and climb the stairs to the big rocks!

 It was a little chilly the first day we were there because of a slight breeze but not bad at all!
                                  Me and Remi were hiking buddies. I love this little guy!


Saturday was the BEST DAY! We all just LOVED MOAB and you can't help but just be AMAZED at these beautiful ARCHES, and BALANCED ROCKS that GOD created for us to enjoy. You just have to wonder how on earth they formed and stayed that way! AMAZING!!   We were sad when we headed home on Sunday. We didn't want to leave this great place, or the warm temps...60-65 degrees! And we didn't want to leave Tanner, Weston and Anna. Anna was driving back to Colorado with Tanner. The only great thing about that....I got SHOTGUN! And the kids, including Sadie were AWESEOME TRAVELERS! It was a great weekend! Thanks for inviting me Ashley!!
 Paisley and Remi loved playing with Weston. Weston was so happy to have friends to play with and entertain him!


 Oh this is too cute. Remi just loved hugging Weston and he loved Remi right back!
We went swimming again after breakfast:




                                                             I love this cute pic!
 This is the famous arch that is on our license plates! they think it will only last another 50 years.




                                Love having the selfie stick with me so we can all get in the pics!

                                                            Loving on my Sadie Bug!


                                                            These cute girls had  fun!







 We asked some girls to take our pic. This is my favorite pic of our day here.
One last stretch before making our way home. This was a fantastic weekend! I love spur of the moment trips. They always end up being my favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment