Sunday, January 1, 2017

CHRISTMAS EVE

December 24, 2016

This CHRISTMAS EVE was so different for me. Have you ever had visions of how Christmas Eve is supposed to be but then it just falls totally out of that picture you have in your mind? Well, Ashley and Lytton came down later than I thought they would and Ashley's friends came over, which was super nice but I hadn't planned on and Zach and Mikell came home from her family's party, and was in a rush to get their kids to bed and I felt rushed to hurry and get the kids to open their few gifts I get them to open on Christmas Eve including new Jammies, their Christmas Books and the Family Yearbook I had made them this year. It was just so scattered feeling and I was a little bummed. I stayed up way later (2:00 am) than what I had wanted stuffing stockings and putting out presents. I went to bed with the hope that Christmas Day would be the best and everything would go according to what I had in my little mind!

As I lay in bed that night I had looked out the hole in my blinds in my room that give me a perfect view of the outside and oh my goodness! It was so beautiful and quiet out there with the falling snow, and the neighbors' beautiful lights and it was so peaceful and still. I lay there staring out the window for several minutes pondering on the peace that the soft falling snow on this Christmas winters night brought to me and compared it to the stillness and the peace the Saviors love gives to me when my soul needs calming and things are feeling chaotic in my life. It was good to remember the true meaning of why we celebrate CHRISTMAS It's Jesus Christ and the gifts he continually gives us throughout the year. I hope I will take more time in my busy days to feel and reflect upon the stillness and peace he gives me if I will just take the time to listen and feel of his spirit.

 My 3 little guys opening up their Christmas books. Remi had taken off his shirt and was wearing this funny Batman tank that is very small for him but he loves it! Such a funny kid!


                                                    Zach and Kell opening their jammies.

                                         Nice! I love how they model their new jammies ha! ha!
                                                               This ones even better!
 Anna was over and she read Halloween books to Remi. See how this evening was weird? Still reading Halloween on Christmas Eve!

                 One nice thing about having Anna here is she could take a family pic of us!
Next year I will get a pic of everyone in their new jammies!


                                                    I love these snowy jammies for Sadie.
                                    These are the new jammies I got the boys this Chrismtas!
 Tanner, Weston, Tate, Tristin and Brooke came over to visit. We hadn't seen them in awhile! Brooke was lovin' on Sadie all night!


                                                           Remi and Anna
                                         Tanner and Ashley...besties for life! And little Weston
                          Sadie and Weston become fast friends. Weston is 9 months and Sadie is 2.5 months
Lytt and Ash smooching under the mistletoe!

After the friends left, I stuffed stocking and brought out the gifts from me. I was doing really good not buying as much this year until the last 2 weeks and then I crumbled. I bought way more than I should. Next year each person is getting 3 gifts each and I am not filling stockings for everyone. It's just getting too expensive. I swear I am going to really try and stick to it next year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment