Sunday, April 6, 2014

CONFERENCE WEEKEND

April 6, 2014

I love CONFERENCE WEEKEND! Seriously, it's one of my favorite weekends of the year. Not only do I look forward to hearing from our LIVING PROPHET and APOSTLES, but I love spending time with my FAMILY and I love hangin' out in my JAMMIES all day on Sunday! It's just the best!

This year I made a bunch of fun stuff for Boston to open when each APOSTLE spoke. I made a ton of stuff that he could take to help him be more REVERENT in SACRAMENT MEETING. I made little books, puzzles, matching games, and reuseable coloring books about JESUS (with washable crayons). Of course I included lots of treats too.

We started with our TRADITIONAL breakfast of BELGIAN WAFFLES with strawberries, whipped cream and syrup. And this year we didn't get to hear too much of CONFERENCE because of the KIDDO'S. Good thing I DVR'D it so I can watch it later. After CONFERENCE I made some baked chimichangas to take to our  Girls Night Out and card party at my moms. More on that on my next post.  In between sessions I made MEALS for our 72 HOUR KITS.

Sunday's conference was awesome. I did get to take notes and it was just awesome. I received some answers to some things I had questions too. I am so grateful that. I invited my Mom and Grandma to come join us for the last session and for dinner. We grilled beef and chicken kabobs and of course Ashley's famous chocolate chip cookies. I enjoyed this day so much with all the kids and Tanner and Cassie and my mom and Grandma. We had a wonderful afternoon! I look forward to more in 6 months.
                              Our traditional BELGIAN WAFFLES with STRAWBERRIES!
 Here are some of the projects I made to keep Boston entertained. Those sticks are puzzles with pics of the Savior, the temple, the prophet, etc...
                                                   A  basket full of CONFERENCE GOODIES
                                                       A binder full of coloring pages
 Meals to go in our 72 hour kits. I took advantage of the case lots sale at Smiths :) They included Peanut Butter, Chunky Beef and Vegetable Soup, crackers, Top Ramen, Granola Bars, Juice Box, Treats, etc...











No comments:

Post a Comment