Wednesday, July 17, 2013

EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PARTY

July 13, 2013

I have been wanting to have this EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PARTY for a very long time. We finally made it happen!  I thought it turned out well. I brought a bunch of my stuff and gave out some information to hopefully get the family MOTIVATED to get started in BEING PREPARED for an EMERGENCY. We talked about MAKING A PLAN, WATER, SHELTER, HEAT, LIGHT, FOOD, AND SANITATION. I didn't want it to be overwhelming so I just gave some basic info. But I wanted them to be able to take something home to get them started. We made HEAT CANS to keep us warm in a car if we are stranded in the winter, or to use in the home for a HEAT SOURCE. It was fun! Then we made 45 days of LIGHT just by adding a WICK into a large CRISCO CAN. I also provided BINDERS for them to make their EMERGENCY BINDER which includes all the important papers you would hate to lose such as passports, birth certificates, etc... I then gave out a bunch of HANDOUTS.  Another thing we did was we tried a bunch of different FREEZE DRIED FOOD to see if it was any good. It was! And Jessica and Erin made VEGETABLE SOUP and homemade BREAD in the WONDER OVEN. It turned out so good!!  We are going to get together again to go over FOOD STORAGE, CAR KITS, AND FIRST AID.  I hope it was helpful for everyone who came. I am so glad we did this.
 I presented some of the stuff I had and talked about things the family could do to get ready.
                                              Emergency Preparedness Make and Takes
                                                      Dad making his Heat Source
                                                Making our Heat Cans and Light source
                                                          Lytt and Ash...7 months prego!
                                                               The Heat Can works!
 Tasting some of the different foods. They turned out pretty dang good, especially Stroganoff.
This is not a good pic but this was the Bread in the Can that Jess and Erin made.
                                                       Dad tasting the different foods too.

No comments:

Post a Comment