Saturday, September 1, 2012

BOULDER MOUTAIN

August 26, 2012

Ok, so not only did we make one DETOUR on our way home from TUACAHN, but while we were at BRYCE CANYON, my mom said, "well since we are so close, we may as well drive through ESCALANTE AND BOULDER MOUNTAIN, where my Step-Dad is from. Mom called and told Ray and he got so EXCITED! He wanted us to see everything there was to see about his life in BOULDER! We did in about 10 min.! It is so little! But the VIEW was absolutely GORGEOUS! I was so glad we drove thru there so I can now picture where he lived. I ended up driving 13 hours today. Going to Boulder took us like an extra 5 hours! We started laughing, we were slap happy coming home! What a great day and wow! It was total BEAUTY OVERLOAD!  I think SOUTHERN UTAH IS GORGEOUS! Steven kept calling and was upset and jealous that we were on a trip. But one thing he does that is so funny is he will not say  the city we are in, only the county. So I kept calling him every time we went through a new COUNTY. We went through like 7 COUNTIES on this trip! I had a great time!!
 Every turn I made, just showed more and more beauty. Ray took this drive to school everyday!
                     Here is another look at the beauty at BOULDER Mountain...I love it!
 These two houses were Ray's house where he was born and one of them was a hotel that his mom ran and did all the cooking for the visitors.

                                  This is the grocery store in Boulder and the only gas station!
                Another beautiful side of Boulder Mountain. it was so green and gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment