Saturday, July 28, 2012

PAINTING PLATES AND SMORE'S

Erin and her kids stayed in town for a few weeks after the 4th of July so one night I went to visit them and brought a bunch of glass PLATES and PERMANENT MARKERS so we could make our "YOU ARE SPECIAL PLATES!" Jackson and Rylee made the cutest plates! Jackson did an awesome SPIDERMAN plate and Erin got Channing's handprint on one. They were so cute! Then me, Erin and Jessica made a YOU ARE SPECIAL plate. We drew on them and then COOKED them for half an hour on 350 to set the marker. I have made these before and they worked well. I still have Zach and Ashley's from when they were little. But I did theirs on Melmac plates. But PINTEREST said I could do them on glass plates....LIARS!!  They turned out so cute, but when Erin put them in the dishwasher they DISAPPEARED! No more cute spiderman, and you are special plates! I was SO BUMMED! I think we need to find some Melmac plates.

After we did plates we made S'Mores. I love Jackson, Rylee, Channing and Reece. They are all so sweet! I am so glad I got to spend time with them before they go back to St George.
 Erin, the perfectionist took forever on her plate, only to have it disappear! So sad!
                                                    Working hard to make the perfect plate
                                                       Jessica's plate is so cute!
                                         Rylee and Jackson loving their nummy S'Mores!                 
                                             This S'more looks like gooey goodness!
                                                           Erin and Channing
                                                                   A happy Reece!             

No comments:

Post a Comment