Friday, July 6, 2012

4TH OF JULY 2012

I love TRADITIONS! Every year for the 4TH OF JULY our FAMILY goes to the Kaysville PARADE, and then to my house for FOOD, WATER GAMES, and a HUGE WATER FIGHT! We always have a TON OF FUN and it's great because Stef and her family, and Erin and her family come in from out of town to share this fun HOLIDAY with us! Well, this year was Lytton, and Morgan's first year to CELEBRATE with us! I have to admit though...most of you will be SHOCKED, but I BROKE TRADITION!! I did not attend the Kaysville Parade with the rest of the FAMILY!!  I did not want to go! I was happy I stayed home and I didn't miss it a bit! I prepared the food instead. Anyway, this is how the day started, well the night before really. Take a look:
                    Ashley and Lytton filled about 600 water balloons up till about 2:00 AM!!

TREATS: I made some Red Velvet Cake Pops
  I made some Red, White, and Blue fruit kabobs
 Rice Krispy Treats with red melt chocolate!
 I made the dipped red, white and blue strawberries...I know you have seen these on Pinterest but I made them last year too, Pre-Pinterest days for me!! :)
 PARADE: As mentioned before, I did not attend but my kids did!
                                                         Zach, Mikell and Boston
                                       Ashley and Lytton took their own pic at the Parade!
FAMILY PIC: This isn't the whole family but those that came out in time for the pic! We put it on a timer and tried to get everyone. Of course we are wearing our matching OLD NAVY FLAG TEE'S!

HOME TO EAT:
                                                          Zach, Mikell and Boston
                                                       Grandma Shirley and Jessica
 We had 2 tables of food and the counter full too. I served Barbecue, and Hot Dogs
Morgan, Andy and Boston

                                                       Ash, Lytt, Erin and Jessica
      Jackson sporting the Winner's Hat, and here is Brody in mid-sentence :)

WATER GAMES: We did our normal WATER GAMES but they are still fun:
Water Balloon Volleyball
 Water Balloon Volley Ball...Ashley and Andy
                                               Morgan and Andy
                                              Mikell and Zach
                                              Lytton and Ashley
                                             Debbie and Paul
BALLOON RELAY:  Teams have to balance a water ballon between their foreheads and run to one side of the lawn, then put it between their backs and run back....Ash and Lytton won this one!



 Zach and Brody had the hardest time getting this balloon to stay between their heads! It was so funny!

COKE BOTTLE RELAY: Teams race to fill a coke bottle, that is on their partners forehead, with water the fastest.. You have to be a pretty good aim. It's only fair to have them switch places for the second half of the relay race :)  This is how it is SUPPOSED to be done...pouring from about the waistline.

CHEATERS!!!:
                                      Lytt said he saw Brody doing it so he did it too...
                                    Mom was cheating as she filled up Diane's bottle!

                                         Paul was cheating as he filled up Debbie's bottle!

OVER THE HEAD RELAY:



My Dad rented a DUNKING MACHINE...IT WAS A BLAST! I am going to do a separate post on that and our WATER FIGHT. So check it out...it will actually show up before this one! We had so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment