Sunday, October 7, 2018

DAY 3: VALLEY FORGE

September 3, 2018

We woke up early and headed out to VALLEY FORGE. Again, I was impressed with how large the area was at Valley Forge. We spent several hours here. It was so interesting. George Washington spent a lot of time here. We were lucky because they did a Cannon blast re-enactment while we there. They only do it a few times a year so we got to see it because we were there on Labor Day. Yay!

It was so stinkin' hot and humid that we seriously couldn't hardly handle it but there were so many cool things to see that we just dealt with it. I loved VALLEY FORGE it was way cooler than I thought it would be.  I love GEORGE WASHINGTON!









You should have seen Joyce and Deb take turns getting in the very back with all of our luggage and wheelchair. We couldn't wait to get this stuff to the hotel!
















We went to a cool church while at Valley Forge.



Was Mom really praying? She was probably praying for cooler temps and no humidity! Ha! Ha!



After Valley Forge we drove to PHILADELPHIA and I was so excited to eat a PHILLY CHEESESTEAK  at THE REVOLUTION HOUSE.  I had researched great places to eat there and OH. MY. GOSH! I cannot tell you how good this was. We were regretting not getting a whole other sandwich to go. Since we have been home we still are wanting another one of those cheesesteaks. You HAVE to go to THE REVOLUTION HOUSE if you are ever in Philly.
 I don't know what kind of cheese the put in this sandwich but I think they also put cream cheese or something in it. Oh my it's good!

Debbie got this nummy grilled cheese sandwich.

Then we drove to our hotel downtown...oh my gosh! So scary! We were very worried about leaving our rental car outside. We even asked the people in the hotel if they felt our car was safe out there. She said yes. Tomorrow we are going to pay the $25 a night for valet parking that is a few blocks away.

We are all so excited to check out PHILADELPHIA tomorrow. I can't wait to see the LIBERTY BELL and INDEPENDENCE HALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment