Sunday, October 7, 2018

Day 2: GETTYSBURG

September 2, 2018

We flew into HARRISBURG, PENNSYLVANIA in the smallest plane I have ever been on. It had 2 seats on one side and only 1 seat on the other side. It was super little. 

When we landed we went to drop off our stuff at the hotel and went straight to GETTYSBURG. I love history and was really looking forward to seeing this battlefield. Well, I was shocked to see it was like 22 miles long! I honestly thought we would see a big field where the battle was. Oh my goodness! It was so much more than I thought. We bought a download for our phone and took the tour to all of the sites. It took like 2 or 3 hours and we were in awe at how it was the whole city of GETTYSBURG where the BATTLE took place. Don't forget that's where Abraham Lincoln gave the GETTYSBURG ADDRESS. We went to the visitors center too and enjoyed that a lot. It's always hard to know what pictures to include in this blog when I take hundreds of them so bear with me. Here they are:
 Here we are with no make up or clean clothes on our flight out to Harrisburg.

And here we are at Gettysburg:
  







 These are murals of the battle that took place here.








 I loved seeing all of these cool monuments along the way.


Gettysburg was cool and I am so glad we chose to came early so we could see it and learn so much about the Civil War. It's so sad how many men and young boys died in this war. More American people died in this war than any other war the United States has been in. And it makes me sad that they were Americans fighting Americans. Super sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment