Sunday, August 9, 2015

THE RAINS CAME DOWN AND THE FLOODS CAME UP!

August 3, 2015

Wow! What a crazy day! It RAINED SO HARD ALL DAY LONG! And I mean it poured buckets! I was so worried that I was going to flood but thanks to Zach, I think he has fixed my flooding problems! Everywhere else it flooded though. It even flooded at my work and we got to go home early. They had to turn off the power because the water was getting near the computer stuff. We sat in the dark for about an hour before they told us we could go home. Kaysville was totally flooded! Davis High looked like a lake and people took their paddle boards and rafts out there and all of Main Street was flooded. It was fun to see all of it just because I was so happy my basement wasn't flooded!! I am so grateful for that!

This is what we did in the dark at work:
It was pitch dark but my flash makes it look like it wasn't. We found out that our flashlights in our Emergency Kit were not working. The batteries were dead, so we used the flashlights on our cell phones.
 

 I was so excited that we were going to get to go home early!!
 Dawna wrapped up in her blanket and took a nap
Amber kicked up her feet and played on her phone
Nancy and Michelle.  We all just talked and laughed and couldn't wait to go home!

When Zach got home from work he took his family over to Davis High (I used to take him and Ashley when they were little and it flooded to swim) to play in the water. It had already receded 2 feet by the time they got there but it was still pretty deep!
                                                      Boston thought this was so cool!
 Look how deep. Zach walked out there in his work clothes! This is after the water was receded 2 ft.

Waylon didn't dare to go too far out there. Look in the back and you'll see a canoe.

Cyndi took a pic of my corner with her cell phone. I still cannot believe I did not flood! :)

This was such a fun storm. I love summer storms! Can I just say again how happy that my basement flood?! Thanks Zach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment