Saturday, June 23, 2012

WEDDING DAY!

June 2, 2012
Today was a FABULOUS DAY! Ashley and Lytton were MARRIED IN THE SALT LAKE TEMPLE! It was so BEAUTIFUL!!  Mom had requested a particular man to perform the SEALING and he was FANTASTIC! We learned a lot from him that day.  It was so wonderful to see ASHLEY and Lytton kneel across the ALTER and become HUSBAND AND WIFE!  I am so proud of them!

Afterwards we took just a few family pics and everyone went home. Me, Ashley and Lytton stayed for HOURS taking more pics. It was record breaking temperatures today and we MELTED outside! I felt so bad for them having to wear those hot clothes, feeling hot and miserable while putting on smile, after smile :)  We were in such a rush to get pics and back to the LUNCHEON in time.  My friends helped me set up for the luncheon at my church and Lytton's mom hired a caterer to come in and prepare the meal. Lytton's dad asked us to ask 2 people to talk about Ashley and Lytton and we were going to make it short because we were so short on time. The lunch started at 4:00 and we had to be at the Botanical Gardens at 5:30 for pics. Zach and Tanner were asked to say a few things about Ashley and Lytton's Mom and Dad were going to talk about Lytton. While we were sitting there he got up and announced that me and Bill would say something, Lytt's brother Matt and his 2 friends would talk too. I wasn't prepared for that but it all worked out good. Ashley and Lytton then got up and spoke as well. Needless to say it went way over time and we still needed to go home and change. So we were running very late and the photographer was having a cow! When we got to the BOTANICAL GARDENS I was SOOO disappointed! My flower guy didn't have any of the flowers ready, or any of the centerpeices out, or the sashes on the back of the chairs. I was SO upset! He was putting centerpieces out at 7:45! Really??  Then there was chaos on the kitchen and it wouldn't have been bad if we had been there on time to set up but the photographer wanted me out there to take pics and everything had to be set up in the kitchen and everyone was asking me a million questions and the flower guy really upset me! So I had a total breakdown in the kitchen! Thank goodness for family and friends who stepped up and helped! After the first 45 minutes, everything seemed to fall into place and it turned out to be a beautiful reception.

One of my favorite things about her reception was her cake! It turned out to be gorgeous! My friends, Sarah and Beth Larmore made it and it was stunning and it tasted so good!

The best part of the night for me was the DANCING! We had so much fun and it ended this great day with a bang! Everyone seemed to be having a great time! Big Grandma, who will be 98 in a few months, danced every dance! Boston was a party animal too and danced all night! We lit large SPARKLERS all around ASHLEY AND LYTTON as they danced their last dance and then left. What a fun day but I am glad its over! Next week we will go to Idaho for the Open House but I don't have to stress over that one!
CONGRATULATIONS ASHLEY AND LYTTON!!





Ashley and her girls dancing to Shania Twain's, "Man, I Feel Like a Woman!"
 AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I've been waiting for this post! HOW BEAUTIFUL!! I love the pictures, love the cake and LOVE beautiful Ashley. I'm so happy for her.

    ReplyDelete