Tuesday, August 14, 2018

WELCOME BABY KENZIE!

August 10, 2018

There is no greater JOY than holding a brand new BABY! I am so excited to welcome BABY KENZIE to our FAMILY!

I was so happy that she waited until August 10th to be born so her birthday would be 8-10-18. Get it? 8 +10=18. So easy to remember! And I am so happy that she didn't come while I was in Yellowstone!

So here is the plan we had of her BIRTH: Ashley and Lytton had to be at the hospital by 6:00 am and it's over an hour away, so they had to leave early!  So, me and my mom slept over at Ashley's house Thursday night (the night before) so we could get the kids breakfast and head down to Logan where the baby would be born. Ashley loves it when her kids come to the hospital to meet the new BABY. She also wanted me in the room to video and take pics. That of course is my highlight. I love seeing those GRANDBABIES be born! So the plan was to take the kids to a nearby park and when it gets close, I'd bring the kids to the hospital and my mom would play with them there until the baby was born and then I would come out there and help out. Then when it was time, the kids could go in and meet the baby. We would stay in a hotel that night and Lytton would come help me put the kiddos to sleep and then he would sleep at the hospital with Ashley. And we would all go to Ashley's the next day.

Here's what really happened: We spent the night and got up early to get the kids ready to head to Logan. Lytton drove my car and ran over a nail and we got a flat tire. I drove their car and the air conditioning went out and it was 100 degrees...Then we took them to the park and they played in the hot sun (Sadie burned her arm really good on the hot slide!) and Lytton called me and gave me an update and said I will call you when she starts moving along. About a half hour later I really felt to call her. I did and he said she is only at a 6. I will let you know when it's closer. I had a feeling to get the kids packed up and head to the hospital but I waited. About 20 minutes later Lytt calls and said you better start heading here now she is at a 8! So I packed the kids up and the hospital is a few blocks away. I got there and ran in to the room just as they were cleaning off the baby! I had missed it by about 5 minutes! I was devastated! I had missed her birth and her being weighed, her first cry, etc... Ashley said she missed me being there and felt horrible for my having missed it! She went from a 6 to a 10 in a few minutes and then she was ready to go and she pushed through 2 contractions and she was here! Lytton did video and did take photos...thank goodness!

So Kenzie Christie Bastian made her big entrance at 11:51 am weighing a whopping 8 lbs. 13 oz. and 20 inches long! She has lots of dark curly hair with a ton of red in it. Ashley just knew she would have a red head. It's more auburn and it's beautiful! She had chubby cheeks and we all think she looks just like her big brother, Remington, and even her Grandpa Billy.

Ashley and Lytton had the hardest time naming her and finally settled on a name we all love, KENZIE! Her middle name, CHRISTIE, is after Lytton's Grandmother.

I went and got Grandma Shirley and the kiddo's when they were ready for us and brought the kiddo's in to meet their new BABY SISTER! They all LOVED her so much instantly!

I love her too! I love looking at these new babies coming straight from HEAVEN and wonder what their farewell in Heaven was like and if they said goodbye to our lost loved ones, I wonder if she talked to Skylee (Zach and Kell's baby due next month) and said, I'll see you soon! I hope they'll be the best, and closest cousins! And I wonder what her future will hold. I love this baby and I am so thankful she is healthy and that Ashley is fine and doing so well.  These are moments that make my life so full.

First, here is a picture of Ashley and Lytton when they arrived at the HOSPITAL:

Now lets take a look at this little LOVE BUG!



 I love this little GIRL so much!
 Tender love between Mom and Baby!

 Proud Daddy!
 That scale says 40.08 grams which= 8 lbs 13 oz.  Just shy of 9 lbs!


 Remi was thrilled to meet his baby sister. He loves babies! The kids were kind of obsessed with seeing her umbilical cord. They'd say, can we see her belly again?
 The girls were so excited to see the baby and they had lots of questions.
 Grandma Suzie is so in love with this sweetie!

 Grandma Suzie with big brother, Remington
                                            Great Grandma Shirley
Lytton's Dad, Lynn
Love this pic of Ashley and Sadie Bug!





 We love our precious BABY GIRL!

Later we went back to the hotel and went swimming. When my mom was walking down the stairs into the pool, it was so slippery she slipped and really hurt her leg. But the kids had a ball in the pool and then Lytton brought us the best Thai food for dinner and I thought it was going to be hard but I got all the kiddo's to sleep pretty easy! Score!

This was an amazing day! Amazingly glorious, Amazingly hard, but one we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment