Wednesday, August 8, 2018

TUACAHN 2018

July 19-22, 2018

We went on our Annual GIRLS TRIP to TUACAHN again. It was a lot of fun but we about melted. We will NEVER go in July again! We of course stopped at the BIG RED BAR in Santaquin for our ice cream and our picture!
Joyce, Morgan, Logan, Diane, Me, Mom and Debbie

We drove down and kept hitting thunderstorms and then it stopped. When we got into our hotel room and got ready to go to our first play, MATILDA, it poured! We drove up to TUACAHN anyway in hopes that it wouldn't get cancelled. We waited and waited and then they finally called off the play because it was raining, and lightning. So we got home around 10:00 and boy, you can tell we are getting old, we went home and went to bed because Mom forgot the playing cards and we were tired! Ha! Ha!
 This was the picture we took before we left for the first play. Then it poured!
 While we waited to get in, we took our photos of the plays playing this year.
 Here I am as Moses in Prince of Egypt...excellent play by the way!
 I think this is hysterical of these gals in MATILDA!
 Mom and Joyce in Cinderella
 Me and Debbie in Cinderella
I bought everyone a fan because I knew it would be HOT during the play since it was outside in 100 degree weather. I was so thankful for my FAN!

Every time I go out of town with my Mom, she steals my bra and hangs it up somewhere. So this time I hid mine and I brought the funniest bra (from work...we give this out when someone turns 50). It has tube socks sewn in to hold saggy boobs! So when she fell asleep I hid her bra and hung this one and when she went looking for hers I said, "Here it is! And I said Gee, Mom stop leaving your bra hanging around." She was so confused at first and then when she saw what it was she laughed so hard! I loved getting her back!

Then, we went SWIMMING. I always love SWIMMING in the POOL at this Coral Hills Hotel!
 We all had fun playing with Logan. He was so funny. He talks NON-STOP! He is adorable!


 Joyce swimming under the waterfall!
 They moved our waterfall over by the hot tub now. I'm just glad they kept my "balance beam"


Joyce





During the day we went to THE BOULEVARD, the furniture store that Tyler's family owns. We always go there to see Tyler, and to meet up with Erin and her kids for lunch. Well Rylee showed me this really cool bed she would love to have one day. I need a mattress so bad and fell in love with. Well, she is a pretty good sales gal, and Me, Debbie and Erin bought one and Joyce bought a really cool bed for her basement. We bought the mattresses that lift your head up, or your feet up and down and it was so comfortable. Tyler gave us a smokin' good deal and I am thrilled!
 They have these cute taxi's in the store for the little ones and Logan loved it!
 Morgan and Joyce eating in the cafe'
 Logan and Blair checking out the mattresses.
 So did Channing and Jackson
 And so did Diane and I.
OK, we all checked out the beds and we got our pressure tested to see what bed was best for our body. I can't wait for my new mattress! No more back pain!

We went to our play tonight and let me just say this was one of my favorite plays! We saw THE PRINCE OF EGYPT! It was really good! So, many of you know I hate it when I run into people from High School. I don't want them to see how fat I've gotten. Well, we went in to the cafe' at Tuacahn in the gift shop building and I ran into the Chef there. It was Jeff Germain, who I went to school with. I was mortified! But he gave us some free tickets to see The Million Dollar Quartet and told us it was fantastic and the Johnny Cash impersonator was spot on! So we are going to see that tomorrow.

Back to the play...Oh my it was so great! You gotta go see it!
 Me and Debbie!
 Debbie, Me, Mom and Joyce
 Sisters!
It was so stinkin' hot this night, I thought I might die!

The next day we swam some more and then got ready to go to THE MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET.     OH. MY. GOODNESS! It was SO GOOD and FUN! We sang and danced and it was so awesome! We all loved it! Johnny Cash, and Jerry Lee Lewis stole the show for us. Elvis and Carl Perkins. It ends soon but I am telling you this was my favorite show this year. Super fun!
 This is a funny pic because Joyce looks so low in it but it is because her chair went way lower than ours ha! ha!
 Love being with my Mom!
 Then we met Erin at a really good Italian restaurant called CAPPELETTI'S. We loved it!



 Joyce, Debbie and Erin
 Logan, Diane and Morgan
 Me and Mom



Then we went to see CINDERELLA. It was not the DISNEY version. It was Roger and Hammerstein's original one that Disney kind of copied but changed. So there were no fun songs like Bibbity Bobbity Boo. So this was just OK. Definitely not my favorite. Don't get me wrong...the actors did a great job. It's just so different than the Disney one.

The next day we drove home. It was another FUN TUACAHN TRIP but the HEAT kind of put a damper on it. We learned our lesson and will never go in July again. I sure love spending time with my family and I cannot wait to go back next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment