Sunday, May 11, 2014

SO...I REALLY DID SEW!

May 3, 2014

The ladies at work decided to have a SEW DAY at work on a Saturday. We all brought our projects with us and poor Darla was running around helping everyone...she SEWS like no other!!  Well, those of you who really know me knows I DON'T SEW! I am not just saying that. I really CAN'T SEW! But I saw a cute tablecloth on Pinterest made out of bandanas that I wanted to make for the 4TH OF JULY. Darla said it would be really easy for me. Ha! It took me HOURS to make it, but I really did SEW IT! I was so proud of myself. But the whole I time I was thinking, I would much rather just buy it. SEWING is just NOT MY THING! It was fun to try it. I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon! Thanks Darla for your help! I will be so excited to use it this 4TH OF JULY!

Here I am really sewing!

 Cyndi made a bunch of terry cloth burp rags. They turned out really cute. She gave a couple to Mikell.
 Here is Darla and Julie. They are awesome seamstresses. Nicole and Amber are in the background.
                            Dawna and her daughter, Nicole made the cutest burp rags and blankets.
                                                     Lori made a ton of baby blankets.
 My retired boss, Pat, cut out tons of squares from her husbands bike trips to make a T-shirt quilt.
Darla's mom made car seat belt straps for comfy driving for the kiddos. They turned out so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment