Sunday, December 30, 2012

ADULT SIBLING DINNER

December 15, 2012

We had our ANNUAL ADULT CHRISTMAS DINNER at my Mom's house. I made the meal and tried something new. Anyone who knows me knows I DO NOT LIKE SEAFOOD! But I know my FAMILY loves it so I thought I would try a new recipe. I made HAWAIIAN CRUSTED HALIBUT with LEMON BUTTER SAUCE and a new POTATO recipe that everyone loved! Also on the menu was COOKED CANDIED CARROTS and RASPBERRY JELLO SALAD and for DESSERT we had ITALIAN CREAM CAKE. I ate ROTISSARIE CHICKEN from Smith's!  Eveyone LOVED the FOOD and I was so relieved!

The best part about this PARTY is spending time with my SIBLINGS and PARENTS. We draw names for GIFTS and EXCHANGE them here. We take PICS every year and just TALK AND LAUGH and ENJOY each other. I think our CONVERSATION this year was a little GROSS for some but we spent a lot of time talking about my Dad's COLONOSCOPY and lots of OLD AGE STUFF! I am so glad I have SEVERAL more YEARS before I have to worry about all of that! The funniest part was when Deb asked my Dad if they found his HEAD down there when they did the colonoscopy. He LAUGHED so hard and for so long! We had never seen him LAUGH that hard. It just hit him so funny! He turned to Mona and said, "lets keep that picture for proof that my head isn't up my butt!"  We laughed so hard! I know it sounds dumb but it was just one of those time you'd have to have been there!

 Here is the HALIBUT WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE AND POTATOES

                              Diane and my brother Scott. I was SO HAPPY THAT HE CAME!
                                                                Grandma, Mona and Dad
                                                                   Scott and Grandma
                                                                     Debbie and Suzanne
                                                                               Diane
                                                                            Scott
                                                                    Grandma-98 years old!
                                                                  Mona and Dad
                                                                                    Me
                                                                        Mom and Ray
                                                     They are always kissing for pictures!
                                                                              Debbie


Scott showing off the duck that Steven gave him. He gives him one every single year! They are all bought from the DI :)

No comments:

Post a Comment