Saturday, November 26, 2011

TURKEY TIME

Thanksgiving was so different this year! Hardly anyone showed up for dinner! We had it at Mom's but Debbie and all of her family went to St George to have dinner with Erin, Ashley was up in Logan working, Zach and Mikell were at Beckstead's, Diane was sick, Dad and Mona were in the Philippean's and Jan and Scott's kids weren't there either! So it was just me, Steven, Grandma, Andy, Mom, Ray and Jan and Scott. It was great though! The food was delish and it was fun to catch up with Scott and Jan and hear all about their trip to Hawaii. I really enjoyed myself but then....

After dinner  (well we ate at 1:00, so I guess lunch,) we went home and I sat home all afternoon and evening and got so depressed! I cried all night long cuz I missed not being with my kids. It was just awful! All night I had a pity party and thought this was the worst Thanksgiving I have ever had! I hated being all alone on Thanksgiving!! I feel so bad for anyone who has to spend the holidays alone! Normally I wouldn't mind being alone, I've been alone for a long time now, but since it was a holiday it really effected me I guess. Stupid huh? I cried so hard my eyes were so puffy the next day I couldn't go out in public till about 1:00 in the afternoon! And I sported a headache all day long!
Zach and Kell spent the night at Beckstead's so they could get in line for Black Friday with Brandon so it was a LONG, LONELY NIGHT! I should have just stayed with my mom. Hopefully next year will be better! Sorry for the downer but just tellin' it like it is :)
                                                         Mom made a superb meal!
 
                                                                 Grandma...97 years old!
                                                                 Making the gravy!
                                                             Andy, Scott and Jan

                                        Ray is SO SWEET! Every year he does all the dishes!
                                      Steven in his "Thanksgiving Surprise" handing out his Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment