Monday, May 16, 2011

CUPCAKE BOUQUETS FOR MOTHERS DAY!

So, I'll be honest, I don't remember how I came across the idea to do a cupcake bouquet, but I thought I could do it even though I really don't know how to decorate cakes very fancy. So I gathered up some flower pots, clear cups, made some cupcakes and went for it! I was SHOCKED at how good the first one turned out. It really looked like a rose.  So I decided to make 9 bouquets for my Mom, Grandma, Mona, my Sisters, and my Visiting Teachers.  So I was really looking forward to giving them to my family and then it happened, a big bad nightmare...Debbie came to pick me up to take me to my mom's for Mothers Day and lets just say I didn't think it all the way through. They seemed pretty sturdy but they were actually top heavy, and I should have put womthing in the bottom of the pot because you guessed it...THEY TIPPED OVER IN THE CAR AND GOT ALL SMASHED! You couldn't even tell they were flowers! I was devastated after all the hard work! I had left one bouquet home so I took it to work, and Debbie and Diane had left theirs at my house and Deb took hers to work to show her friends there. Then I got a call and a lady saw them and asked if I would make 10 bouquets for her. I said sure. So this lady I work with showed me how to decide what to charge her. So I thought she might change her mind when she found out I was charging $15 per bouquet. She said she was fine with it cuz it usually cost $4.50 for one gourmet cupcake. So I made $150 :)







No comments:

Post a Comment