Monday, August 22, 2016

YELLOWSTONE TRIP DAY 3

August 3-7, 2016

DAY 3 started out at CAMP having Mikell's homemade Sausage and Biscuits. They were delish! Then we left early to see OLD FAITHFUL before the crowds hit!
 We were so excited to see OLD FAITHFUL!
Waiting a few minutes made everyone a little crazy!

 Even little Waylon was a little crazy! He wanted to walk around with his shirt over his head. People laughed when they saw him. He was so silly!

                       
I was so happy I remembered my Selfie Stick to get me and mom with Old Faithful!



It's always fun to see OLD FAITHFUL. It only lasts for a few minutes so you have to hurry and soak it all in!


After OLD FAITHFUL we went to the LODGE to get an ice cream.
                            Waylon fell asleep on his Mommy waiting for his ICE CREAM!
Every time I come here I am amazed all over again of the inside of this Lodge. Look at those beams! Incredible!
               Dan, Melanie, Neal, Evie, Emmett and Boston sure love their ICE CREAM!
These kids were pretty stoked about being here. Love it that they will give me a good jump!


All the kids jumped buy Waylon who was mad because when he woke up he didn't have his ice cream. They hurried in and got him one. Waylon is so funny when he is mad. He will sit down and pout!

Then we drove to WEST THUMB. This is another of my favorite places to see. I love all of the colors of these HOT VOLCANOS! And I love the LAKE. So beautiful!



I zoomed in on this momma ELK to get better look at her,




 There's an old tale (don't know if it is true or not) but long ago they would catch fish and pull up to this hot spot here in the lake and throw their fish in to fry and then eat it. I bet it tasted nasty! It smells so bad of sulphur!
                                       Look at these beauties! Melanie, Mikell and Mom

                                             The kiddo's sure loved it here!
 I cannot get over the colors of this place. It's mesmerizing to me. I could watch them all day!




Here are the little ELK that I had zoomed up on earlier. How can they stay there next to all of these hot pots?

Afterwards, we drove to a nice secluded spot (I don't remember the name of it) to have lunch and then play at the BEACH/LAKE. It was such a nice relaxing afternoon. The kids love playing and Zach and Kell loved throwing the football around. Zach and Boston eventually made their way into the freezing cold LAKE.


                                                       A few people took little naps
                                                              Stacy, Neal and Kell

                                                 Waylon buried my legs again!

 Zach and Boston gave me a jump this time but Boston landed too fast!

Zach and Kell are usually the ones pulling the faces and now Boston and Waylon are! I said smile like this could be on your Christmas card! LOL! This is what we got! :)

When we got home the kids rode their BIKES for awhile before dinner. They love going do the hill in front of our CAMP  and through the TREES!




 Boston wanted to race Evie on her bike. He ran pretty dang fast! I was waiting for him to biff it!
 Stacy is a good Momma. She took Owen down the hill on the wiggle car!
I love this Boston. He runs like his Daddy, with his tongue hanging out!

After dinner we drove around with the binoculars and saw a GRIZZLY BEAR, a BLACK BEAR, and a pack of WOLVES. It was so exciting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment