Monday, May 7, 2012

NATURAL GAS SCARE

A few weeks ago I was sitting in my office when Lori came in and said, Can you smell that NATURAL GAS? At first I couldn't. She said, "Amber (who is pregnant), you need to get out of here!" All of a sudden I could smell it and so I stood up to get my purse out of my cupboard and I cannot explain the feeling that came over me! My head was SO heavy and my legs were heavy and I knew I had to get out right then! I honestly felt like I was not going to make it out of my office, let alone out of my building. I grabbed Amber and said,"Lets go! We need to get out of here now"!
     It's hard to describe the feeling that came over me but I was scared because it completely overtook me and I now know what it would feel like to be aphixiated! You know you need to get out but your body cannot respond quickly. So we ran out to the front of the building and in a few minutes the whole building was EVACUATED! We were evacuated for 1 1/2 hours. The workers fixing the road just East of our builiding (right out side of my window!) dug right into the gas line! Come to find out Blue Stakes were off by 4 feet!
     We were planning on having a luncheon anyway so some of our employees had gone to Applebees to get salads. When they got there we went and ate them in a banquet room at the CJC. It's a good thing because we couldn't get to any of our vehicles. They blocked off the whole block. We could hear the gas spurting out clear in front of the library and we could all hear when Questar finally got it turned off. My head hurt and I was SO NAUSEATED! After we were allowed back in I called mom on the phone to tell her we were back in when it hit me so hard again! I thought I was going to throw up! I ran outside again for FRESH AIR. Lori got really sick too and had to lay down. She was green! Our little office got it the worst and I worked the rest of the day in the other office. What a scare! That was the weirdest thing ever! Channel 2 wanted to do a live interview with me and Cyndi but we didn't dare too!
     I'm the SAFETY LADY for our dept. so I had to take roll of everyone so I decided to snap a photo of some of us waiting in front of the library until we got word when it was SAFE to come back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment